DIY Snow Globe for the Sweetest Mom
by April San Pedro
(Davao City, Philippines)
Materials to make DIY snow globe
My mom loves to collect snow globes and she's fond of dolphins, so I thought I'd make her a handmade snow globe with her favorite animal. She was so happy about it and felt it was truly meant for her.
What materials did you use for your DIY snowglobe?
I used materials found in our home so this will be very practical and easy yet also very customizable. Here are the things you'll need:
How to make the DIY snowglobe, step by step:
- Old jar
- Distilled water
- Glycerin (optional)
- Colored stones
- Silver dusts (other options: snow flake dusts, small sequins)
- Hot glue
- Home decor ornament (I used a dolphin)
- First, decorate the lid of the jar. You can use masking tapes, stickers, etc. Just leave it flat since this will be the base of the snow globe.
- Hot glue the colored stones on top of each other as this will serve as your stand. Then attach the ornament on the very top.
- While letting it dry, put distilled water on the jar. Add the glycerin to thicken the water. Then pour the silver dust in it.
- Gently cover the jar with the lid and turn it upside down carefully.
And there you have your handmade snow globe for mom!Anything else you'd like to share about your project?
This handmade gift is very simple but make sure to add the personal touch by adding relevant things with it. You can decorate the jar more but make sure to leave it visible so you can still see the dust flowing over the ornament. Have fun making your own snow globe!Back to Mothers Day Crafts for Kids