Homemade College Survival Kit Hamper
Homemade University/College Survival Gift Basket - contents before I wrapped them
The idea was to make a university survival kit. With each thing we wrote a tag stating a number then we included a key in her birthday card. This added more fun whist opening the gift. The key was a list of explanations for why we bought that gift.
Who did you make it for?
The gift was for a gift to my cousin. She is hard to buy for but we wanted something she would appreciate. She is a practical but likes a laugh! She was also worried about the lack of good food at University.
What's in it?
Inside the hamper we put:
What did you use for the basket/container and wrapping?
- Peppermint tea - for when you have over-indulged (to settle the stomach)
- Coffee - for hangovers
- Good quality chocolate - to treat yourself
- Fancy biscuits - go on you know you want to
- A sleep mask and a scented candle - relax!
- Hot chocolate - you deserve it
- Garlic specialty cheese - you won't be able to afford this as you are a student!
- Japanese cooking oil and soy sauce - Wok to go: beats a pot noodle!
- Curry spices: cumin, coriander, chilli powder - nothing beats a curry
I used a shoe box without the lid and I wrapped the shoe box in tin foil. Then I wrapped the gifts in a variety of wrapping paper.Anything else you'd like to share about your gift basket?
I know the pictures are not the best but It was before I got my new camera. My hamper will probably not be the best or flashiest included but Becky loved it calling it the best gift ever. Its practical and handy but also cute and fun. The foodie items can be switched around and items can vary to suit different students. It is nice to know thought and effort went into a gift.
Also this is my blog: http://purpledragonfly25.blogspot.com
. Please check it out! Back to Homemade Gift Basket Ideas