Homemade Fudge Recipes
& Easy Gift Idea
by Emma Shorrock
Homemade Fudge Gift
Here I'll share my easy homemade fudge recipes, perfect for making a gift to give to anyone!
Who did you make it for?
I made it for friends and family to give as Christmas presents, people such as Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and Neighbours.
What materials did you use?
I made all of the fudge, and then presented it in a Kilner Jar, covering the lid in a sutiably Christmassy material and a big bow. I attached a tag detailing the different flavours that were included.
How did you make it?
This is the basic homemade fudge recipe that I used for all the flavours of fudge that I made:
Variations (add these at the beating stage)
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- 150ml (5fl oz) milk
- 450g (1lb) demerara sugar
- 115g (4oz) butter
Rum and Raisin
Stir in 2tbsp of dark rum along with 115g (4oz) of chopped raisins.
2 tbsp Amaretto, crumbled amaretti biccies
1 tsp Vanilla ExtractMethod
- Grease and base line an 18cm (7in) square tin with baking parchment.
- Gently heat all the ingredients in a large, nonstick saucepan, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously, until a temperature of 116ºC (240ºF) is reached on a sugar thermometer. Alternatively, test the fudge by dropping a little into a jug of cold water. If a soft ball is formed, the fudge is ready. It is really important in order for the fudge to set properly to make sure it gets hot enough at this stage.
- Remove from the heat. Beat until thick and grainy (about 10 minutes). Pour into the prepared tin and leave to cool. When cold, cut into squares.
Fudge can be stored for up to 1 month in an airtight container.Anything else you'd like to share about your homemade fudge recipes?
This is not only a much more personal present then buying a toiletry gift set, but it worked out considerbly cheaper too. I made it for 21 people and it cost a mere £3.30 per jar.
The response that I have had has been wonderful, everyone loved trying the different flavours and I have had orders for more! The recipe itself is so easy to make you just need a strong arm!