Homemade Silverware and Napkin Holder: Set the Table for Mom With Style
Homemade Silverware and Napkin Holder
My daughters would treat me on Mother's Day with breakfast. The youngest daughter's job was to set the table. This homemade silverware and napkin holder project made her job simple and fast!
What materials did you use?
How did you make it?
- 1 5 1/2 x 10 piece of felt
- 1 8 inch grosgrain ribbon
- 2 3 x 3 pieces of felt for flower
- 1 button for center of flower
1. Fold ribbon in half and sew a seam 2 ½ inches from folded end (this is a loop for the napkin).
2. Sew ribbon on the bottom half of 5 ½ x 10 inch felt piece making sure not to sew loop in ribbon.
3. Fold the 5 x 10 inch felt piece in half lengthwise and sew seam.
4. Flatten tube with seam in back and sew bottom of tube.
5. Turn inside out and fold down top 2 inches forming a cuff.
6. Cut out 2, three leaf petal shaped flowers
7. Overlap the 2 petals forming a flower and sew button in center. Tack onto loop.
8. Fold dinner napkin accordion style back and forth. Fold napkin in half and slip into loop on pouch.
9. Place set of silverware in pouch.Anything else you'd like to share about your silverware and napkin holder project?
A pretty set table makes this an extra special day for Mom!Back to Mothers Day Crafts for Kids