What's Cooking Homemade Recipe Box
Homemade Recipe Box
My Mom loves to cook. This handy recipe box keeps Mom's recipes and utensils organized and accessible. Bon Appetit!
What materials did you use?
- A plastic rectangular box with removable lid (approximately 6 inches by 7 inches)
- 2 Plastic tumblers
- 1 Acrylic photo frame
- 1 Set of colored 4 x 6 inch index cards
- 1 Set of colored index tabs
- Alphabet letters
- Craft glue (I used E6000)
Note: All materials were available at the $1 store except for the glue.How did you make your homemade Mother's day present?
Anything else you'd like to share about your homemade Mother's day present?
- Using craft glue, attach photo frame to lid placing towards front edge.
- Glue 2 tumblers to lid placing them behind the photo frame.
- Using alphabet letters, spell out "Bon Appetit" on lid edge.
- Using different colored index cards, write some of your Mom's favorite recipes on them. Each color will represent the type of recipe.
- Appetizer & Soups - Blue index cards
- Meat - Red index cards
- Chicken and Fish - Yellow index cards
- Vegetables - Green index cards
- Baked Goods/Sweets - Purple index cards
- Write the topic of recipe on each divider/index tab.
- Attach 2 small plastic forks on scrapbook paper and glue to front side of the box.
- Add "What's Cooking" to the top edge of the photo frame.
- Fill tumblers with measuring spoons, small whip, spatula, and collapsible measuring cups.
I like how the recipe card can be slipped in between the frame and it is propped up for easy reading. The recipe card stays protected and clean!
--------Back to Homemade Mothers Day Gifts