Easter Cupcakes - Recipes & Decorations
My friend Ange made these gorgeous Easter cupcakes recently, and I just had to put them up on the site!
To make these chocolate cupcakes, Angeline used a recipe from the book Cupcakes from the Primrose Bakery by Martha Swift and Lisa Thomas. Primrose Bakery is a popular London bakery, and everything they make there is just divine! I've linked to their book (click on the image to your right), in case you are totally in love with cupcakes and want a copy for yourself!
Their recipe is a bit involved (but absolutely delicious!), so I'm going to put an easier Chocolate cupcake recipe below for you to follow. If you already have a favourite recipe of your own then do use that instead!
If you're short on time, you can always buy a cupcake packet-mix, or even a batch of store-baked cupcakes, and just decorate them.
Once your cupcakes are baked and cool, ice them with chocolate buttercream icing .
Now for the Easter cupcake decorations...
Simply grate white chocolate on the top of each cupcake, and place a mini candy chocolate egg on top to resemble an egg in a bird's nest - so cute!
A perfect symbol for new life at Easter time.
Chocolate Easter Cupcakes Recipe
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 175g self-raising flour
- 175g butter or margarine
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 175g caster sugar
- 20g cocoa powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/390°F/Gas mark 6, and line a 12-hole muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the lightly beaten eggs.
- Sift in the self-raising flour and the cocoa powder, and fold these into the mixture.
- Spoon cupcake mixture evenly into your cases.
- Cook cupcakes for 15-20 minutes. They are ready if they spring back when lightly pressed.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tray and cooling on a wire rack.
- Wait until completely cool before decorating.
Chocolate buttercream icing
- 110g butter, softened to room temperature
- 170g icing sugar, sifted
- 55g cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tbsp milk
- Beat the butter until soft.
- Add half the icing sugar, and beat together until smooth.
- Add in the rest of the icing sugar, the sifted cocoa powder, and a tablespoon of the milk. Beat together until creamy.
- You can beat in the extra milk if necessary, depending upon the consistency of icing you desire.
I hope you liked these Easter cupcakes! You might also like our...