Mini Muffin Recipe: Delicious Raspberry and Almond Friands
This mini muffin recipe is one of my favourites - so quick and easy to make and tastes delicious! And as you know mini muffins have zero calories compared to full-size muffins so you can eat them without guilt. I swear I read that somewhere!
Ingredients to make about 24 mini muffins:
125g (4.5 oz) butter, melted
1 cup almond meal
4 egg whites, beaten lightly
1 and 1/4 cups icing sugar (make sure you sift it to break up the clumps)
1/2 cup plain flour
100g (3.5 oz) raspberries and/or blackberries (I use frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 190 Celsius (375 Fahrenheit)
2. Grease two 12 hole mini muffin tins
3. Combine butter, almond meal, egg whites, sugar and flour in a medium bowl; stir until just combined.
4. Divide mixture into patty pans and top each with one or two berries.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes (maybe more, maybe less - just until they start to brown slightly). Stand in the tray for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
6. Serve dusted with a little extra sifted icing sugar.
I hope you like them as much as my friends and I do! I originally adapted this mini muffin recipe from a rasberry friand recipe in "The Australian Women's Weekly Great Cooking Classics".