Delicious Lemon Curd Recipe
Lemon Butter Recipe
This lemon curd recipe (or lemon butter recipe) is so quick, easy and super tasty. I think you'll love it!
This recipe can be made in the microwave, and cooks less than 5 minutes! It is my husband's favourite spread, and never lasts long in our fridge.
I hope you enjoy eating this as much as we do!
Lemon Curd Recipe (Lemon Butter Recipe)
(Makes 3 cups of lemon curd)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp lemon zest
- 120g butter, melted (approx 8 Tbsp or 4.2 oz)
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar in a microwave-safe bowl until the mixture looks smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and melted butter and whisk gently to combine.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and cook on high, stirring with a metal spoon at 30 second intervals. Stir well to ensure that no stringy bits of cooked egg form (these can be picked out, so don't panic if it happens!!).
- Once the lemon curd/butter is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon, remove the bowl from the microwave.
- Pour lemon curd/butter into sterilized jars and seal. Allow to cool at room temperature.
- Label jars and store in the fridge. Consume within 3 weeks (easy!).
Why not use some pretty material to cover the lid of your jar? Trace out a circular shape onto the back of your chosen fabric (I use a saucer as a guide for size). Simply pop the round of fabric it over the lid of your jar and secure it in place with a rubber band and a pretty ribbon.
What a great looking homemade gift idea!
Looking for more quick and easy homemade gifts in a jar? Try one of my other recipes...