Easter Cupcakes - Recipes & Decorations
My friend Ange made these gorgeous Easter cupcakes recently, and I just had to put them up on the site!
Their recipe is a bit involved (but absolutely delicious!), so I'm going to put an easier Chocolate cupcake recipe below for you to follow. If you already have a favourite recipe of your own then do use that instead!
If you're short on time, you can always buy a cupcake packet-mix, or even a batch of store-baked cupcakes, and just decorate them.
Once your cupcakes are baked and cool, ice them with chocolate buttercream icing .
Now for the Easter cupcake decorations...
Simply grate white chocolate on the top of each cupcake, and place a mini candy chocolate egg on top to resemble an egg in a bird's nest - so cute!
A perfect symbol for new life at Easter time.
Chocolate Easter Cupcakes Recipe
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 175g self-raising flour
- 175g butter or margarine
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 175g caster sugar
- 20g cocoa powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/390°F/Gas mark 6, and line a 12-hole muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the lightly beaten eggs.
- Sift in the self-raising flour and the cocoa powder, and fold these into the mixture.
- Spoon cupcake mixture evenly into your cases.
- Cook cupcakes for 15-20 minutes. They are ready if they spring back when lightly pressed.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tray and cooling on a wire rack.
- Wait until completely cool before decorating.
Chocolate buttercream icing
- 110g butter, softened to room temperature
- 170g icing sugar, sifted
- 55g cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tbsp milk
- Beat the butter until soft.
- Add half the icing sugar, and beat together until smooth.
- Add in the rest of the icing sugar, the sifted cocoa powder, and a tablespoon of the milk. Beat together until creamy.
- You can beat in the extra milk if necessary, depending upon the consistency of icing you desire.
I hope you liked these Easter cupcakes! You might also like our...