This lemon curd recipe (or lemon butter recipe) is so quick and easy
This recipe can be made in the microwave, and cooks less than 5 minutes! It is my husband's favourite spread, and never lasts long in our fridge.
I hope you enjoy eating this as much as we do!
Lemon Curd Recipe (Lemon Butter Recipe)
1. Whisk together the eggs and sugar in a microwave-safe bowl until the mixture looks smooth.
2. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and melted butter and whisk gently to combine.
3. Place the bowl in the microwave and cook on high, stirring with a metal spoon at 30 second intervals. Stir well to ensure that no stringy bits of cooked egg form (these can be picked out, so don't panic if it happens!!).
4. Once the lemon curd/butter is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon, remove the bowl from the microwave.
5. Pour lemon curd/butter into sterilized jars and seal. Allow to cool at room temperature.
6. Label jars and store in the fridge. Consume within 3 weeks (easy!).
Why not use some pretty material to cover the lid of your jar? Trace out a circular shape onto the back of your chosen fabric (I use a saucer as a guide for size). Simply pop the round of fabric it over the lid of your jar and secure it in place with a rubber band and a pretty ribbon.
What a great looking homemade gift idea!
Looking for more quick and easy homemade gifts in a jar? Why not make some Orange Marmalade - another delicious homemade gift idea!